Saturday, April 18, 2020

Rockin' G Mon

This has always been one of my favorite tunes of Dan's - quintessential Out Of Bodies! Love everything about it - the fact that it seems Dan really cared this time to pay attention to lyrics is one thing "The rockin' man was built to make you swooh and sway - he's a rockin' little robot I know, I taught him how to play... emodulate his voice always, he'll sing some funk or British way... his speaker's louder than a roar, distortion is his only chord" I mean that's GENIUS!!

The other thing is, for the life of me, I couldn't begin to tell you how he made some of those sounds... that fuzzy guitar, the middle break where the bass takes over sweeping you up into some trippy little waltz - Oh I've TRIED to get the secrets out of Dan, I really have, but he won't fess up! Or maybe he gave us the answer in his lyric - is it really all just the distortion? What kind of devil play is this?



Anyway, a while back Dan did a video for this song - and I found some really, really LOST footage of us when we did the "I Wonder" music video - and I inserted it in, in essence creating a slightly different version altogether - presented here for the first time for your listening and viewing pleasure! If you like it make sure to visit the YouTube page and leave a comment! We'll be posting more videos soon!

Take care, check back soon!




---

No comments:

Post a Comment