Saturday, September 10, 2022

Joey's Haunted Barn

I was just talking to Joey earlier today and he mentioned how odd it was for us, as grown men, to be so damn obsessed with monsters and puppets. "What's WRONG with us?" he wondered aloud - and I, well - I didn't have an answer. There's PLENTY wrong with us - but where do I begin? 

 


Our love for monsters, puppets, and a wide assortment of oddities goes WAY back into our childhoods - and quite often we find ourselves talking about - oh I dunno - The Night Of The Living Dead... Famous Monsters Aurora Model Kits... The Winchell-Mahoney Show... Bugs Bunny classic cartoons... Gumby and Pokey... Davy and Goliath... King Kong (I could go on, but let me get straight to the point)... there's no one quite as obsessed as Joey.

 

Joey has such an extensive collection of monster memorabilia that it spilled from his house into a converted barn structure in his backyard he called "The Haunted Barn" - and I was lucky enough to see it in it's hey day! Once inside I didn't know where to look first... as the walls came alive with aliens, apes, giant spiders, movie posters, demon babies and God knows what else. Today, much of it is in storage and The Haunted Barn, as it was known, is temporarily closed.

 

Whenever Joey gets a chance he likes to bring some of his collectibles out into the fresh air, at various venues and conventions - much to the delight of curious onlookers - and he's been known to slip into a gorilla suit every now and then and terrorize the crowds.

 

Joey, here's hoping that the wait for the re-opening of The Haunted Barn is not too far off into the future - but until then, here's a few pics, links and a clip to enjoy....

---

---

Check out this great article from ROADSIDEAMERICA!!

 


 Another great article from ODD THINGS I'VE SEEN!!

 


 


---


No comments:

Post a Comment